Monday 6 August 2012

Hopeless love...

Once upon a time all feelings and
emotions went to a coastal island for
a vacation. According to their nature,
each was having a good time.
Suddenly, a warning of an impending
storm was announced and everyone
was advised to evacuate the island.
The announcement caused sudden
panic. All rushed to their boats. Even
damaged boats were quickly repaired
and commissioned for duty.
Yet, Love did not wish to flee quickly.
There was so much to do. But as the
clouds darkened, Love realised it was
time to leave. Alas, there were no
boats to spare. Love looked around
with hope.
Just then Prosperity passed by in a
luxurious boat. Love shouted,
“Prosperity, could you please take me
in your boat?”
“No,” replied Prosperity, “my boat is
full of precious possessions, gold and
silver. There is no place for you.”
A little later Vanity came by in a
beautiful boat. Again Love shouted,
“Could you help me, Vanity? I am
stranded and need a lift. Please take
me with you.”
Vanity responded haughtily, “No, I
cannot take you with me. My boat will
get soiled with your muddy feet.”
Sorrow passed by after some time.
Again, Love asked for help. But it was
to no avail. “No, I cannot take you with
me. I am so sad. I want to be by
myself.”
When Happiness passed by a few
minutes later, Love again called for
help. But Happiness was so happy
that it did not look around, hardly
concerned about anyone.
Love was growing restless and
dejected. Just then somebody called
out, “Come Love, I will take you with
me.” Love did not know who was
being so magnanimous, but jumped
on to the boat, greatly relieved that
she would reach a safe place.
On getting off the boat, Love met
Knowledge. Puzzled, Love inquired,
“Knowledge, do you know who so
generously gave me a lift just when
no one else wished to help?”
Knowledge smiled, “Oh, that was
Time.”
“And why would Time stop to pick me
and take me to safety?” Love
wondered.
Knowledge smiled with deep wisdom
and replied, “Because only Time
knows your true greatness and what
you are capable of. Only Love can
bring peace and great happiness in
this world.”
“The important message is that when
we are prosperous, we overlook love.
When we feel important, we forget
love. Even in happiness and sorrow
we forget love. Only with time do we
realize the importance of love. Why
wait that long? Why not make love a
part of your life today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment